Grilled Chicken with Lime-Honey-Beer Marinade – Cooks and Travel Books
The list of ingredients in the name can be a off-putting to some people. After all, a combination of flavors such as those presented by lime, honey, beer, and various other spices sounds, well, to be polite, interesting. However, they really are interesting! They combine to provide a unique flavor that is slightly sweet and bitter and spicy all at once. Plus, to top it off, it’s a great way prepare chicken that is not only delicious but also healthy. Yes, you can cook a healthy dish with beer.
- 1 tbsp of lime juice (fresh)
- 12 fluid ounces of beer
- 2 tsp of honey
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp of cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut in half)
How to prepare:
- In a bowl, mix the lime juice, beer, honey, garlic, cilantro, onion powder, red pepper, and salt together until the honey has completely dissolved.
- Place the four chicken breasts halves in either a dish (with a lid) or zip-lock bag.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and cover as much of the chicken as possible.
- Seal the container or bag and place the chicken in the refrigerator.
- Let the chicken sit for at least one a hour (a few hours or overnight is even better).
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil/grease the grate so that the chicken doesn’t stick.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill the chicken until tender and any juice runs clear. This will be approximately 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
Serves: 4 (1/2 of a chicken breast each)
Total Fat: 1.6 g
Sodium: 227.0 mg
Total Carbs: 7.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
Sugars: 2.8 g
Protein: 27.8 g
*Nutritional information was obtained by entering the ingredients into http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp